My Favorite Game

One of my favorite games is Monopoly. Did you know that the earliest version of monopoly was called The Landlord’s Game? A landlord is someone who owns a building or a property and charges to rent it out to others. It was designed by an American named Elizabeth Magie. Magie originally meant for the game to show the economic results of rent, land taxes, and whether you have a lot of money or a little. I love Monopoly, but I don’t get to play it much because my family is very busy and the game takes a long time to play completely. My favorite is a newer version that has a cat playing piece. Do you like Monopoly? If you do, what is your favorite playing piece? If not, what is your favorite game?

81oC5pYhh2L._SL1500_

5 thoughts on “My Favorite Game

1. Dear Avery,
    I love playing Monopoly too. I loved your post on Monopoly and I like how you said who designed Monopoly and I like how you were specific. My favorite piece is the purce with the puppy peeking out of it. My other favorite game is Spoons I think both are fun to play!
    From your friend,
    Bianca

2. Dear Avery,
    Thanks for telling us who designed the game Monopoly and a little bit about the history. I didn’t realize that the newer version has a cat playing piece. Does it have a horse playing piece? My favorite game is a card game called Spades. It’s a game I enjoyed playing with my sister and mom.

Happy trails,
    Mrs. Fordyce

3. Dear Avery,
    I like Monopoly too. I sometimes play it with my family, but like you said Monopoly can take some time to play. I have an older original version, but not the newer one. The characters in my game for the markers are: Finding Nemo, a rat from ratitoui, a incredible figure and buzz light year. I wouldn’t say they’re the greatest, don’t you think? Well from all to choose from, I guess I’ll say that finding Nemo is the best. Monopoly is not my favorite game to play, but like most other games it’s a fun one to play with you’re family. Even if nobody else is playing with you, you can always pretend there’s a player playing the game with you. If not so, the game is so fun you can play with the equipment that goes with the game, What are some of the other characters in the newer version of monopoly?
    Very curios,
    katie

4. Dear Avery,
    You taught me a lot about Monopoly. I don’t know if I like it because I’ve never played Monopoly. I never knew that Monopoly was originally called “The Landlords Game.” It makes scents that it was called the Landlords Game because you have to pay the taxes and other stuff. My favorite game is called “Ghosty Night.” To learn how to play, visit my blog and there is a post on “Ghosty Night.”

Sincerely,
    Joseph

5. Hi Avery,
    I like to play Monopoly to. I never new Monopoly used to be called the “Landlords Game”. My favorite game is a game called “Bouce Off”. Have you ever heard of it? You have taught me and most likely many other people about Monopoly. Do you think you could have added anything to your post since you really have posted it.
    From,
    Rayne
    Want to visit my blog or my class blog? If so click on one of the two links.
    http://blog.elanco.org/covertcjv/
    http://blog.elanco.org/ageimanla/