The Tulip Festival

Have you ever been to a tulip festival? I have. It is really cool. The first one I went to is in Woodburn, Oregon. It was called the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm. I love tulips. They’re my 5th favorite flower. There are so many tulips there. There are also other activities that you can do. There is food, bouncy houses and other cool stuff. There’s also an area where you can pick flowers. I got a treat called an elephant ear. If you don’t know what that is, it’s like a giant flat cinnamon sugar doughnut. My other favorite flowers are lilies, roses, and hydrangeas. IMG_3550What is your favorite flower?

tulip-fields

5 thoughts on “The Tulip Festival

1. Dear Avery,
    My favorite flower is a rose because they are beautiful and smell good too. I have been to the tulip festival but not very many times. I love elephant ears they are amazing.
    From,
    Mia

2. Dear Avery,
    I haven’t been to the Tulip Festival in Woodburn but it sounds like so much fun. I used to get elephant ears at the Missoula County fair when I was growing up. I like all of your favorite flowers. Roses are my favorite though. Have you been to any other tulip festivals?

Happy blogging,
    Mrs. Fordyce

3. Dear Avery,
    I love the tulip festival! It’s very fun. The wooden shoes are huge! I can almost fit in them! I love the elephant ears. Yum! What is you favorite flower?
    From your friend,
    Simone

4. Hi Avery,
    I once went to that festival. If I had to choose, my favorite flower was one of the most colorful ones. It was bright red-orange and yellow. Did you see the giant shoes?

-Ethan

5. Dear Avery,
    It sounds like the tulip festival is really fun. There’s another festival that is in Oregon that takes place in Tualatin that I go to. It’s a festival that’s called the Pumpkin festival. Just like the tulip festival there are also many activities at the pumpkin festival. There’s a giant fountain that shoots lots of water out of the top. If you read my post about the pumpkin festival then you probably know about the pumpkin festival’s activities. I’ll leave the rest to you to find out about the pumpkin festival. An idea to find out is the question, Why is the festival called the pumpkin festival? Other whys if you had already read my post you can forget about all this junk. In my comment to Bianca I said that I was once to a tulip festival when I was really young. It was practically a field of tulips of all colors and I said that my mom had a painted picture of the field of tulips that I had been to. That’s how I can remember that beautiful memory. I hope I can go to another tulip festival sometime. comment me back and tell me a little more about what the scene looked like when you were there. Did it look like a field of tulips?
    Howdy,
    Katie